February 20, 2024
Employee Appreciation: A 5-Step Guide to Employee Gifting
As Employee Appreciation Day approaches, I find myself reflecting on my 20’s & the pivotal years spent working alongside a remarkable financial advisor (community leader & former hockey player), and his equally inspiring wife, at an investment firm in Saskatoon. Their commitment to personal development, integrity, work ethic, and discipline left a powerful impression on me during our years together.
While my path led me to pursue a career as a Canadian Country Music Recording Artist, later embracing motherhood and now a Managing Partner of Willows Box & Co., the appreciation I experienced during those years remains. Their heartfelt "thank yous" and acknowledgment of my dedication created a lasting bond. As mentors and friends, they understood the power of appreciation, a sentiment that has kept me feeling privileged & grateful to be collaborating with them on a variety of projects decades later.
As professional gift designers, we're often asked about the best strategy to show appreciation to a team. We believe it requires a thoughtful & intentional approach. Keep reading as we reveal our 5-step guide, and share our expertise on how to create a culture of meaningful acknowledgment and connection within your workplace.
1. Budget: Begin with determining your total gifting budget for the year and per-gift. This might depend on the scale & size of your company, but prices can range from $50 to $200 per gift. The cost per gift can also vary based on factors such as the gift contents, packaging quality, and finishing touches. For higher-budget events like executive conferences and retreats, the price range can extend from $150 to $350 or higher per gift. The average cost of corporate gifts really depends on the specific items and branding requirements.
2. Gifting Strategy: Are you gifting an employee milestone, work anniversary, or retirement gift? Maybe it’s a welcome gift for onboarding a new employee, client or holiday gifting? Possibly a company event, incentive trip, or a product launch? What is the experience you want the person opening the gift to have? A feeling of appreciation, an opportunity to refresh their office space, or encouraged to get some rest & prioritize wellness?
3. Gift Selection: Knowing your brand & core values are key when it comes to selecting the items you are gifting. Locally sourced, sustainable, diversified? As a business deeply rooted in our local community, we take pride in being women-owned and family-owned. We've made it our mission to prioritize local sourcing, with 90% of our products coming from Canada and 60% of those sourced right here in Alberta. As you source the items for you want to gift, keep top of my mind what’s important to you & your core business values.
4. Personalization & Branding: We believe a gift has to be meaningful; to the person receiving it, the person gifting it, and the person creating it. We make it personal. It’s really important to include a personal message on a card that’s enclosed in your gift. It’s what elevates the gifting experience, and is an absolute must. When it comes to adding your logo, there is such a thing as too much and too little branding. We recommend to our clients that upon receiving the gift, and before even opening the card, the recipient should be able to identify who the gift is from.
5. Production & Delivery: Managing your own gifting project, can introduce a variety of challenges such as the complexities of sourcing gift items, handling customizations, and addressing unforeseen packaging and logistics issues. To ensure a smooth process, it's crucial to designate a key person responsible for the project, securing an adequate space and coordinating staff for the assembly of gifts.
Employee gifting is more than just a thoughtful gesture – it's an investment in your team's well-being and success. By gifting a well-curated, intentionally-designed gift and combining it with the words of appreciation to match, you're creating an unforgettable and thoughtful experience for your employees that will remain with them for years to come.
Ready to outsource your gifting needs? Book a call today at email@example.com or click HERE.
February 18, 2024
There is so much that goes into planning a dream wedding, and one thing that often gets overlooked is personalized welcome gifts for wedding guests. Whether you have a destination wedding or an in-town event, most couples have family and friends who travel long distances to celebrate their special day. And for these guests, it's a really thoughtful and lovely gesture to welcome them with a gift box!
As professional gift designers, we take care of every detail, from envisioning the packaging to meticulously assembling the gifts, tying ribbons, and even handling hotel coordination. When selecting gifts, we consider a variety of factors such as wedding style and colors, location, and budget. Every bride is completely unique, thus every gift should be completely customized to reflect the couple's interests and personalities, starting with names & wedding date on the gift tag & note card.
Something to Sip: Help your guests stay refreshed and hydrated throughout the weekend. Consider sparkling water, a couple of mini local champagne bottles or craft beer cans for a bit of fun. Seasonal vibes? Embrace the winter season with a selection of aromatic teas, gourmet hot chocolate, or coconut water for destination a wedding.
Sweet & Savory Snacks: Beyond the drinks, make sure to include some sweet & savory treats! Want a celebratory vibe? Welcome guests with Sugarfina Champagne Bubbles or Gummy Bears. Or maybe you & your fiancé have a favorite snack you would like to share such as Laid Back Trail Mix, Eatable Gourmet Popcorn, Canadian Beef Jerky or Wabanaki Indigenous Maple Syrup. Including something from where you live is a great way to introduce your loved ones to the area.
Location & Weather Specific: Align gifts with either the type of wedding you’re having or the location of your wedding. For a tropical destination wedding, think about including sunblock, beach towels or lip balm. For a wedding in Kelowna or Vancouver, include your favorite local wine, poncho’s or a delicious jar of local jam. Hosting your wedding in the cooler months? Treat your guests to comfort with cozy socks, or a warm blanket.
Spa Like Items: While the standard hotel amenities typically cover shampoo, and conditioner, consider adding a special touch such as a customized candle, face masks, or soothing bath salts. By including these thoughtful items, you help create a welcoming & cozy atmosphere, ensuring your guests feel both comfortable and pampered throughout their stay.
Local Keepsake: A wonderful way to create a lasting memory for your guests is to include a meaningful keepsake. It could be a handcrafted trinket from a local artisan, a small piece of artwork that showcases the area's beauty, custom candle or even a souvenir that holds sentimental value.
Personalized Note Card & Itinerary: Share your gratitude with those who made the trip with a personalized note welcoming them to your celebration. Simplify the weekend with a detailed schedule covering wedding activities, locations, and any essential details for out-of-town guests. Include information on dress code, parking, and your wedding hashtag. Despite the convenience of digital access, consider the thoughtful addition of a physical area map and a guidebook to local hotspots.
Lastly, your beautifully wrapped gift boxes can be delivered to each of your guests room for a small fee, left at the hotel's front desk to be received at check-in or distributed at an event such as the rehearsal dinner. You could also ask a friend or family member to help distribute the boxes, as that's one less thing you need to worry about.
From asking your bestie to be your maid of honor, to wedding guest welcome gifts, destination wedding gifts, and everything in between, Willows Box & Co. is your all-in-one gifting solution. No time to create your own welcome gifts? Learn more about our Wedding & Bridal Party Custom Design Service HERE.
November 10, 2023
July 06, 2023
Interested in corporate event gifting or designing branded gifts for conferences, meetings, product launches, and everything in between? The Willows Box & Co. will elevate your companies gifting experience with creative, memorable, on brand and on trend, curated gifts.
If your goal is high quality corporate branded gifts, then you're in the right place and we've got all the answers you need. TWB & Co. will take care of every last detail, offering you a thoughtful, stress-free, and professional gifting experience.
Below are some commonly asked questions regarding Corporate & Event Gifting:
We love partnering with corporate clients and we are passionate about creating an unforgettable experience for you and those receiving your beautifully curated gifts. Let’s collaborate on your next corporate gifting project or event.
February 19, 2023